I've been down this week trying to recover from a cold. That being said, I've been high on medication and been not sleeping/sleeping during the day. In the midst of my haze, a few things have crossed my mind; things I just don't get. Things about myself, and things about life in general. Have a head scratching moment with me!
- For the life of me, I cannot sweat. No rhyme or reason, this chick just can't break a sweat. I've known fellow SCIs who can't sweat and it's due to their level of injury, but none of them were paras. It kills me. As hard as work out in the gym, I would love to sweat like a farmhand and come out of there looking nasty*, but nope. My face may be the color of an apple, but no sweat on this gal. The only time I come close to breaking one is in extreme humidity. I'm talking Orlando in the middle of July.
- I enjoy tomato soup, tomato sauce, ketchup, sun-dried tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, you name it. But I despise the actual tomato. For the life of me, I just can't eat them, and I don't know why. There's just something about the way it feels when I chew it. Gag! This doesn't bode well for me, considering I'm trying to transition to a vegetarian diet and learn to cook Indian food. It would help if I ate tomatoes, but I just can't do it.
- I've mentioned this one before, but another quirky thing about me is I always smell my coffee before I take my first sip. And seeing as I cannot smell, this one has no logic behind it. It's just something wonky I do.(If you haven't shaken your head and muttered, "weirdo," yet, now would probably be a good time.)
- I just realized I have another one pertaining to food. I never eat the last bite or the drink the last sip of anything. My best friend in high school did this and I think I just picked it up from her. Not sure why I do this one. I know it's wasteful, but again, these are head scratchers.
Ok, friends, I am calling on you! What odd or strange things have you caught me doing that you just can't explain? I find it interesting to see how we appear in other people's eyes, so bring it on!
Have a great weekend, loves!

No comments:
Post a Comment