I know that most of the things on my 2013 to-do list are self-explanatory, but I must be honest. Sometimes I need a reminder of why I've resolved certain things. So these explanations are for myself as much as something to just write about. I thought I would just add that for those interested. Not all of them have a long story, so I thought I would do a couple in one post.
Number 3- Get to my ideal clothing size
This one doesn't need much of an explanation. I've lost a lot of weight and have a goal in mind. Since I have no way of weighing myself, so I rely on clothes sizes to mark my progress. I've gone down 5 jean sizes, 6 dress pant sizes, and 2-3ish sizes in tops (I'm top heavy obviously, so this one is a bit slow-moving). As of today, January 27, I have one more size to go to in dress pants, 2 more in jeans, and 2 more in tops. Once I am in these sizes, I will be satisfied and will turn my efforts into simply maintaining. I am really proud of my progress and have accomplished my biggest goal, which was getting out of plus-sized clothing. My word, that alone was enough motivation for me to get my rear in gear. I was tired of looking like a frump.
I'm not ashamed of the size I was, and am proud of the size I am at right now. That said, I'm not going to put those sizes out there for the world to read. If you'd like to know, I'd be glad to tell you, but my blog isn't going to be the place for it :-)
Number 4- Sing the national anthem at a public event
I haven't sang the national anthem in a very long time. Simply put, I want the opportunity again. Apparently, I don't know the right people to get this opportunity (yet) and that's why it's on my to-do list for this year. I'm hoping word will spread that I'm interested and I will have a chance, ahem.
Number 5- Get my too-big clothes out of my closet and donate them
This one sounds like a "duh" but there's a bit of an explanation for it. It's not just I want to make room for new clothes that fit, it's that I don't want fat clothes to fall back on if I gain any weight back. I need to have my current size or smaller in my closet. I don't need a soft place to land in there. Case closed. I know that sounds unhealthy but I know how my mind works and it just has to be that way.
Number 6- Blog at least once a week
Again, another "duh." I love to write, but just never put the time into it to get it done. I also enjoy reading other people's blogs and figured others might get a kick out of what I have to say. I've done pretty good so far.
Number 7- Learn to cook Indian food
It's no secret I love to cook. I just thought it would be awesome to have a few good Indian dishes under my belt. I've enlisted the help of a few good friends, so I'm hoping I will be successful with this one.
Number 8- Participate in a walk-run
Again, self-explanatory. It's just a matter of finding one that allows wheelchair participants and/or a cause I can support.
Number 9- Host more meals at my home
I absolutely love to entertain, but these days it's difficult to get people over here for an evening. Between work schedules, other commitments, responsibilities with children (and the fact that our home is not child-friendly), our get-togethers with people are few and far between, sadly. I'm looking to change that. I haven't been successful so far, but it's only January. There's time.
Number 10- Eat a vegetarian diet by years end
Ha, I'm on my own on this one. Scott wants no part of it, and that's ok. Like I said, I love to cook and won't mind cooking meat for him. I've always felt better not eating a lot of meat, especially red, so I figured why not give it up altogether? I didn't want to just start the new year meat-free for a few reasons. I was a vegetarian for a few years while in my early twenties. But I wasn't a healthy one. I existed on Wheat Thins, Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, and French fries. I hated to cook at the time so I wasn't cooking anything vegetarian, just existing on processed foods. I want to take this year to transition slowly and by year's end be totally meat-free. I've also enlisted the help of a few vegetarians to help me out on this one as well.
I guess I've covered them all! I need some accountability with these things so feel free to ask how things are going. As always, thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment