One of the things I wanted to make sure I did in 2013 is blog at least once a week. I thought in a effort to keep myself from writers block, I would start with Thankful Thursdays. I actually wrote this in my journal earlier today.
I am so thankful for the ability to drive, a car we can afford, the money for hand controls, and simply for the invention of hand controls themselves. I would be nowhere without them. Also, I need to be very thankful that the level of my injury allows me the ability to use my hands.
I zipped down to Chattanooga lickety split without incident this morning. What if I was totally dependent on other people to get me where I wanted or needed to go? In my thirties, no less. That would honestly stink. I truly need to be more thankful for my independence. No kidding. And my hands, seriously. Rough, peeling, and calloused though they may be, my life would be so different if I didn't have them. Really, though. I adapted to life like this. Surely I would have done just as well as a quad. I don't know, though. You never can tell about these kinds of things.
On a lighter note, no pun intended, I am thankful to have a lap again! Ah, what losing 50 pounds will do for you! And I am just beginning on this journey. I seriously want to shout this one from the rooftops!
There you have it. These are just a few things on my mind today that I am thankful for. I am hoping to do this every week. I admit being quite jaded about life at times, so I need to step back and count my blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment