- Every time I look in the mirror, I scowl at my nose. I feel it's absolutely hideous. No makeup will fix it, no contouring will make it look better. I have toyed with the idea of getting a rhinoplasty to fix it, but after a LOT of research and even seeking out plastic surgeons, it's been determined that my daily lifestyle isn't congruent with recovery. *sigh* I hate it so much that when I catch a friend getting a picture of me with my profile shining, I will ask them to pretty please take another one. It is what it is. I hate my nose and there's nothing I can do about it. Here she is in all her bumpy glory:
![]() |
| My schnoz* |
- I hate that I can't wear dresses. This one is a little simpler to explain. Being seated all the time, I feel that I look extremely awkward in them. Having lost a lot of weight, I catch myself eyeballing some cute dresses while out shopping and end up walking away. On a more humorous note, I wouldn't subject anyone to my pasty white legs. Ha! :-) On a more practical note, it's difficult transferring in and out of a car when you are wearing a dress.
- I dislike that I am so hard on myself. No matter how much I give and how hard I work, even when the result is good, I always think I can do better.
- I trust people way too easily. As I have gotten older I have learned the hard way that people let you down. That's just life. But I am the queen of second chances, but I strive to not be a doormat.
- I have no sense of smell. The only scent I can pick up, and it's faint, is strong mint smells. No one knows why I can't smell, it's just something I've lived with my whole life. The more I'm around kids, the more I've learned to be thankful for the little things :-P
- It frustrates me to no end that I can't eat shrimp. It never bothered me for years, but out of nowhere I became intolerant to it. Ugh! I love the stuff but it causes me to have a closer relationship with my bathroom than I would ever care to.
There you go, folks! Some ugly truths about me.
*What am I doing in the picture? It's one of my lovely quirks. Before I take my first sip of coffee, I must smell it. I have no sense of smell, but it's just something I do. Scott caught me doing it one time and took a picture.

1 comment:
:-) There's nothing wrong with your nose! Love you, and I don't think you would look awkward in a dress. :-P
Post a Comment