Saturday, July 17, 2010

Thankful at 5 a.m.?


I hate the world in the morning. I come by it honestly as my mother is the exact same way. Don't even breathe towards me if I don't have my contacts in and a cup of coffee in front of me.

So in the hopes of someday being a positive person in the morning, here are 5 things I am thankful for at 5 a.m. this morning:

1. The memory foam pillow that I couldn't believe I spent $70 dollars on. It was worth every penny! (I should add that it was buy one get one free when we bought out mattress)

2. The brown fuzzy blanket I got for Christmas that I keep on the foot of the bed in the summer. Last night, my feet were icy so I covered them with it. I may not be able to feel them, but I do feel sorry for them when they are cold.

3. The "surround sound" we have in our room. On Scott's side of the bed we have a nightstand. On it we have a rock star of an alarm clock. It plays all kinds of nature sounds. We sleep to the rain option. On my side of the bed, there is a small bookshelf. On it is a white noise machine I bought 9 years ago when I worked third shift. Together, those make for the most quiet and peaceful room to sleep in. Both items go with us on vacation.

4. I'm thankful for a husband who doesn't grumble and complain when awakened in the middle of the night with his wife saying, "Hold me, I'm cold."

5. This one is two-fold. I am thankful for my coffeemaker with a self-timer that has a beep loud enough to wake the dead. I'm also thankful for Scott, who always pours my first cup for me every morning. I check my e-mail, Facebook, etc. over coffee and it's always on the desk waiting on me.

Cheesy list? You decide.

Edited to add that this is Scott first thing in the morning. Every. Single. Day.
Scott in the morning

Me on the other hand

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, I do love mornings. There great. And I love my Kitty too.