I publicly apologize to Michele, once again, for stealing her idea. I sat down to write and got a bit of a block. In the interest of getting creative juices flowing, I thought I would tell everyone the somewhat long story of how Scott and I got together.
Scott and I met at church. I started going to this church right before I graduated from college. We chatted and became friends. We were also in the same Sunday school class. My mother, being very perceptive, had Scott's number all along. I denied this, saying that I was way too young for him to be interested in me. Ha ha, right?
According to Scott's side of the story, right before he could ask me out I started seeing someone. I ended up dating this person for 2 years. At the end of this particular relationship, I was getting advice from Scott. Being the gentleman he is, he never encouraged me to break up with the guy. A few weeks later, we had a mutual break-up.
Prompted by my sweet mother who kept telling me that he "had the hots for me," I fed Scott a total line. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring was about to premiere. A made a big to-do about not having anyone to go see it with. He quickly solved that problem. That became our first date. We saw the movie and went to dinner. I can still remember the electricity that ran through me when he took my hand during the movie.
So that's how we met and started dating.
We dated for a year and a half and got engaged. 8 months later we got married. We've been together for 6 happy years. Marrying Scott is one of the best things that's ever happened to me and I look forward to every new day because of him.
Questions? Comments? Smart remarks? Post a comment!
2 comments:
Lindsay, this made me feel that warm feeling...so romantic that he was there, waiting for you all that time. You and Scott are a love to last through the ages, just like Doug and I. I'm so glad to know you!
p.s. you can borrow my ideas any time! I love it!
Lindsay left out the we didn't pay much attention to the movie because we were so excited about our fist date. A few months later we went back to see it again and we were like "I don't remember that from the first time."
Michele, thank you for the compliment. I also enjoy your blog.
Post a Comment