Tuesday, November 12, 2013

♫Holiday Road.....♫

So, Scott and I just returned from our latest vacation to Walt Disney World. We had an awesome time and had a few unexpected little treats along the way. The best one being meeting George Takei. He was such a nice person and it was quite an honor to speak to him.


Surprisingly, one of the best things that came out of our trip didn't occur until we got home. I was looking at all of our pictures and realized that a few of the shots we took were identical to ones we took last year. I pulled them up and did a little comparing. Needless to say, my jaw hit the floor. Let's compare, shall we?

Cracker Barrel in Valdosta, 11-2012


Cracker Barrel in Valdosta, 11-2013

Yacht and Beach Club, 11-2012

Yacht and Beach Club, 11-2013

The California Grill (our nice dinner), 11-2012

Yachtsman Steakhouse, 11-2013

Coronado Springs Resort, 2012

Coronado Springs Resort*, 2013
*Just as a side note, yes, I'm well aware of the fact I look like the last rose of summer in this picture. It was warm but insanely windy that day so my hair went up. I didn't have any makeup on either, so that's why I look so odd ;-)

Beaches and Cream, 11-2012 (this one is painful to look at, honestly)

Beaches and Cream, 11-2013

And one from WAAAAAY back, 12-2005

Same bus stop, 11-2013

These are just a few fun ones at the gym at our resort. Sorry to be a braggart, but I'm a little proud of myself:

That's 62.5 pounds, baby!

And a cheesy one:
Sadly, I'm not as proud of this one. Overhead presses are not my forte (yet). That's only about 30 pounds. Ugh. Also, apologies for the VERY unladylike pose. I'm a paraplegic, for goodness sake.

There you have it, friends! You know, I was pretty dang proud of my pictures last year. But looking back on them now, I can really see how far I've come since then. I've mentioned a few times that I still see a fat girl staring back at me. These kinds of pictures give me that slap across the face I need! I'd also like to add that this is the first time I wore shorts on vacation since Scott and I got married. Yes, my legs are white, they always will be, but I'm not embarrassed to show them anymore.

Again, I'd like to stress that all of this was done with simple diet and exercise- no pills, no shakes, nothing artificial, no surgery, and no gimmicks. 

No comments: