Saturday, May 4, 2013

And they're off!


I had very little notice, but today I got to cross something else off my list. I participated in the I Can 5K today which was hosted by our church. One of the things I wanted to do this year was participate in a walk/run and today I did it. It was my very first 5K. Oh my word, I had so much fun. It was pouring down rain, freezing, every muscle in my upper back and shoulders ache, but I would do it again in a heartbeat and look forward to it next year.

Me and Scott beforehand

Yours, truly :-)

I'm going to post a video of the route we took on the run, stay tuned (video below). I was 28th to finish and was third in the 30-34 division. I was kind of proud of myself. Here are a couple of pictures afterward:





And because I earned it (and was FREEEEEEZING!):
Here is a video of the route we took. PLEASE no comments on my accent. I know I talk like a hick ;-)

3 comments:

Team Chastain said...

Go girl! Next is a 13K and if my old butt did it (and I did) your young butt can do it! ;)

Kitty Kitten said...

LOL, thanks Michele. My shoulder blades are absolutely killing me. Part of the run was up a very steep hill. I finally just had to stop halfway for a minute because I was feeling the burn, and then some. I don't think I would be this sore if that dang hill hadn't been there :-P

Hardee's said...

One Word: "Awesome"