Monday, January 23, 2012

The Little Things That Bring Me Joy

One of the things I strive for in life is to find joy in the little things. It's Pollyanna-esque at times, I admit, but we all have bad days and need a little hope to cling to. I may do a weekly "The Little Things That Bring Me Joy" blog just to remind myself to be thankful.

Let's start now, shall we? It's Monday morning and it's storming. I couldn't think of a better time to count a few blessings.

  • Getting out of the shower and grabbing my towels only to discover they are still warm from washing them and folding them a few hours before. Mmmmmm, divine!
  • Checking out at a store the other day and seeing that they still make Whatchamacallits A shout-out to my childhood that made me smile.
  • The alarm going off and my husband not shooting out of the bed. It then hits me that it's Saturday and we can hit the snooze once or twice. It's even better when it's raining outside.
Those are just a few :-)

No comments: