Friday, March 2, 2012

More Thankfulness




I know, I know. I'm not doing well keeping up with my writing. I have no excuses. In an effort to get my creativity flowing again, I thought I would count my blessings.

-After having a fitful night's sleep, I was doing my morning surfing and enjoying a cup of coffee. I was about to just lay my head down on the kitchen table and catch a few more zzzzz's when I realized I made more coffee than I originally thought I had. A second cup always brings a ray of hope into my day.

- I am a bit of a weirdo about clean sheets. It's not really a clean issue as much as a freshness issue. Anyway, I love crawling into a clean bed at the end of a hard day. Lately I have been throwing our pillowcases in to wash between sheet changings. Embarrassingly, I am a huge drooler and I like having my cases clean. Again, snuggling up to a fresh, clean pillow makes my whole night.

- I swear I have the best husband in the whole world. I don't know anyone who can lift me up like Scott can. I am very hard on myself in most areas in my life, and Scott helps me keep a lid on that. I am also my worst critic, and he can find the positive in situations that I think are hopeless. When I am having a bad day, I can always count on Scott to make me laugh and make the world much brighter. For example, I recently had a solo at church. Upon arriving, I was very nervous. Not long before we went out to sing, I got a text from Scott saying, "Go get 'em, Cat." Need I say more?

There are a few more things I am very thankful for this morning but I will leave it at that for today. In the craziness of this world, I sometimes need to stop and breathe and take a moment to be thankful. I resolve to try to write more, however.

No comments: