Sunday, August 4, 2013

Time's Up

The world lost a legend last weekend. Kidd Kraddick of the Kidd Kraddick in the Morning show passed away on July 27, 2013. He was someone I listened to every day and loved the show. I know I'm not the only one who feels like they lost a friend. His passing was sudden and no one was prepared for it. His death got me thinking about a lot of things.

I've written before about how I want to be perceived. Recently, I've really been giving a lot of thought about the person I don't want to be; the kind of people I try to avoid. When people are around me, I don't want them walking away thinking I'm depressing, negative, complaining, and have nothing good to say about anyone or anything. Don't get me wrong, I have bad days when I hate the world and everyone in it and don't even want to get out of bed, but I try my hardest to not let people see that side of me.

Back to Kidd Kraddick.

When I die (and we'll discuss that in another blog), I want people to remember me and simply laugh. I want to be remembered as someone who loved life and was an absolute blast to be around. Someone who wasn't afraid to laugh at herself, who accepted her flaws and ran with them. Someone who smiled and had a light behind her eyes. Someone who was proud to laugh from her gut and not hide her inevitable snort, and delighted in making others happy. Not a Pollyanna, but someone who would cry with you during the dark times.

I know this is self-centered to entertain and, quite frankly, a little morbid, but it's been on my mind and something I'm challenging myself with. Life is far too short to be miserable, I say. The world has enough problems without me adding to them.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I've been working on this blog since Kidd passed away and haven't been able to write what I've been thinking about very clearly. I'm very blessed I need to conduct my life as such. That said, how about a goofball picture of me in my pajamas? Here, have a laugh!


(Note the tan arms and the pale legs. I tan unevenly. I'm a freak on a leash and proud of it!)



4 comments:

Shelly said...

I tan unevenly too. Must run in the family (along with charm, wit, and beauty :)

Shelly said...

I tan unevenly too. Must run in the family...

Shelly said...

I didn't intend for that to come up twice... Okay, at least I didn't say technological intelligence runs in the family... it just married into it.

Kitty Kitten said...

Hee hee, I love it, Shelly :-)