For the past 2 years, I have made a list of things I want to accomplish throughout the year instead of making New Years resolutions. The first year I did it, I was very faithful and accomplished almost everything on my list. In 2014, not so much. It was a rough year and I got lazy with them. I'm hoping for a better year in 2015, so here's my list.
- Get back to blogging
*In 2013 I wanted to blog at least once a week. At the end of the year I had 70 blog posts. I was sick of writing and felt like I had nothing to say. I have no goals on how much I want to blog this year, but I definitely want to get back to writing.
- Read at least one book a month
*I want at least 6 of those books to be classics. At the time I'm writing this, I've already finished one book, which I'm honestly embarrassed to say that I've read. I'm now working on my second for the month, which is The Catcher in the Rye. I read it many moons ago and loved it, so I brought it out again. I'll probably write a post to keep a list of what I've read from month to month.
- Maintain my weight, possibly losing one more size
*I've really struggled putting this one on my list. I've maintained being a size 6 for over a year now and I'm quite happy at this weight. At my height, which is 5'3, if you care, my weight is fine. I just think I could go down ten more pounds/one more jeans size. If I don't make it to a 4 by year's end, that will be fine, as long as I don't go up a size. I admit I struggle with image issues, something I may blog about later.
- Learn to make chicken and dumplings, as well as chicken and dressing
*These are 2 of my favorite things that my mother and grandmother make and I want to master them.
That's really all I have for now. I carry this list on my phone so I have them with me at all times. Happy New Year, everyone! :-) Let's have some coffee!

No comments:
Post a Comment