There is a current Youtube tag where you list 50 facts about yourself. Since I have a face made for radio, I decided to just do it on my blog.
1. I love coffee, coffee mugs, coffeehouses, coffee culture, and all things pertaining to coffee, both hot and cold.
2. I hate tomatoes with a passion. Now, tomato soup, tomato sauce, pizza
sauce, ketchup, all that, I don't mind at all. It's the actual tomato I
can't stand.
3. I love being sore from working out/running. The more pain the better. It shows me I did something right.
4. When I was a child, I wanted to be an anesthesiologist and live in Rhode Island.
5. I am scary good at music lyrics. It's kind of creepy how I can whip out song lyrics to any songs at a moment's notice.
6. When I was 18, I was Junior Miss Wheelchair TN.
7. I HATE my nose. I have a hump on the bridge of my nose. Where most people have a hump that protrudes outward, mine is just wide. I could easily get it fixed, but I'm too much of a weenie.
8. I snort when I laugh, just like my mother, and her mother before her.
9. I have no sense of smell. Roses, a cake in the oven, Gain detergent, even my beloved coffee, nope. Nada. Can't smell.
10. I started going gray when I was 25. And I mean BAD. Since then, it's to the hairstylist I go. Back in college I colored my hair myself. It was a really pretty coffee brown, but it was a nightmare to do and I swore I would never do it again and just pay someone to take care of it for me. My hair is currently a chestnut brown and my natural red highlights come through. My natural color? It's all in the eyebrows, baby.
11. I hate going to the dentist with every fiber of my being. I love my dentist and his staff and they are very good to me, but I associate the dentist with pain. Between a broken jaw that was wired, a baby tooth knocked out that came in on the front part of my gum line while my jaw was wired, braces, a palate expander, etc., can you blame me? Every time I leave the dentist, I can't figure out why I hate the process so much. But 6 months later, I'm stressed out again. I've begged my dentist to let me have nitrous oxide for my cleanings, but I think he thinks I'm joking. I'm SO not.
12. My eyes are different colors of blue. One is light blue, and one is more of a gray-green. Freak on a leash, I am.
13. I have a ridiculous love of the tv show, "Little House on the Prairie."
14. I have 2 prominent birthmarks. One in the corner of my eyebrow and one on my left arm right above my elbow. It looks like a burn. Everyone always asks me what I did to myself.
15. I have 7 scars on my body:
- I have a long one down my back that goes all the way to my tailbone. I got it from surgery when I had my wreck. When I was 9, I had surgery to correct severe scoliosis, and they just re-opened that scar. Truth be told, I'm kind of proud of it. Hardcore, baby.
- I have a small scar on the side of my left eye. I obtained this from a wreck I was in when I was a baby.
- I have a scar running down the side of my right leg. When I had the surgery for my scoliosis, they took part of the bone there and used it for a bone graft in my back. Groovy, huh?
- I have a scar on my right knee from running on the gravel trail at Tinsley Park. This was back in the day when you never took your child to the ER. My cousin baby-sat me at the time. She took me home and dug out the gravel herself. Not a shining moment for me.
- I have a scar on the inside of my right wrist from having an arterial line when I had my wreck. It was a godsend and kept me from being stuck to death while I was in the hospital.
- My final 2 are in my head, both due to childhood mishaps. One is from losing my balance and falling down 3 concrete stairs, and the other is from jumping on the bed with my Dad.
16. On that note, I have a stainless steel rod in my back to correct scoliosis. Cool, eh? It doesn't really affect my life, I just can't hunch my back like other people can.
17. I cannot sleep in a quiet room. I have to have white noise when I sleep.
18. I can whistle on an inhale better than an exhale. Long story how that came to be.
19. I have an annoying habit of running my fingers through my hair. I've tried to quit, but I just can't help myself.
20. 80% of the time, my sunglasses are on the top of my head as a headband.
21. I've only been in 1 car accident as an adult. I was rear ended.
22. I love to drive. I especially enjoy driving Scott's car more than my own. It's a newer car than mine, and his pedals are a lot more sensitive than mine so it's less of an effort to use the hand controls, if that makes any sense.
23. I bruise like a peach.
24. I broke my middle finger on my right hand while on vacation in Florida when I was 18. I had it stitched and in a splint. When I drive, I steer with my right hand and use the hand controls with my left. The splint made me look like I was flipping people off when I drove all the time.
25. I have a weird obsession with pajamas. I have way too many of them, but like many things, I believe variety is the spice of life. Should I change my mind about being cremated, I'd be perfectly happy being buried in my pjs.
26. I get a splotchy red rash on my neck and chest whenever I am nervous. It's so nuts I call it the Lindsay Rash.
27. I never get nervous before singing, but I do get the Lindsay Rash, and my hands are ice cold.
28. That said, I am very cold-natured. I'm cold most of the time. I have to
be outside in extreme humidity to be hot. I very much married my
opposite.
29. My ears have been pierced a total of 4 times. I have 3 holes in my
right, 2 in my left, plus a cartilage piercing. I did have 3 in both
ears, but one grew up for no reason and I never got it re-pierced.
Strangely, the cartilage piercing is the one that hurt the least, but it
did stay sore the longest.
30. I am extremely paranoid about my breath. Between my love of coffee and garlic, I pop Listerine strips all the time.
31. I hate feet. Hate, hate, hate them. Even my own. I just think feet are icky in every sense of the word. I can barely make myself wear sandals.
32. Mine and Scott's first date was to see Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
33. I have an unhealthy fear of spiders.
34. I love psychological thrillers. The more out there, the better. Again, I married my opposite.
35. I easily get sucked into Law and Order: SVU marathons.
36. I have the softest foot bottoms you've ever seen on a 30-some odd year old. Pretty obvious since my feet haven't felt the ground since I was 6. I know I hate feet and all, but I'm so glad I don't have to treat my feet with pumice stones or anything. *shudder* I get the major heebie jeebies just watching people get pedicures.
37. Thanks to a wavy perm I had when I was 14, I now have to dry my hair with a round brush. If I don't and just let my hair dry naturally, I look like Eddie Vedder, and not in a good way.
38. I have a very sarcastic personality.
39. I have nightmares whenever I eat anything that has a lot of oregano in it.
40. The older I get, the more I talk like my mother. I'm ok with that.
41. I once got stuck on Big Thunder Mountain in Disney World.
42. I have a horrible time remembering people's names, as I've blogged about before. I usually just give them names myself and learn their real one's eventually.
43. I can wiggle both my ears and my nose.
44. I don't have a classical voice, but I can belt out a pretty good, "Ave Maria."
45. I adore the Geordie accent.
46. I am not a breakfast eater. It takes me hours to get an appetite for anything, so I think breakfast is pointless. Once again, I married my opposite. The second Scott's feet hit the floor, he's ready to eat.
47. I am not a morning person. Let me get my contacts in, a shower, and a cup of coffee in me, then we will talk. Even after all that, no promises. My sweet husband loves the morning and everything about it. Oy. It was quite an adjustment when we got married.
48. I cannot eat meat off a bone. Chicken legs, pork chops, etc. Nope, can't do it.
49. Worms squick me out to the highest degree.
50. I have a trifecta of subjects I steer away from: politics, religion, and finances. None of them are any of my business.
Whew! That was an effort. I don't think I'm that interesting of a person so I was really reaching to come up with 50. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment