Me in my kitchen, where the magic happens ;-)
It's no secret that I love to cook, but where I get the most joy is baking. I don't really know why. Not going to lie, the nerd inside of me appreciates the preciseness of it, how you have to follow the recipe to the last teaspoon and not deviate. Cooking "on the stove" is a lot more forgiving. You can add a little of this and a little of that and not have a disaster on your hands.
On the other hand, baking is therapy for me. It's become a bit of a joke among my friends. If I post on Facebook that I'm baking, I have 5 responses and numerous texts asking me what's wrong. If I'm depressed, had a bad day, or simply just have the need to strangle someone (as we all do at times), my oven is immediately preheated.
I also enjoy baking because things that are sweet seem to make people the happiest. People seem to flock to where the desserts are. Not judging, when I still ate sugar, I did, too. It's also something I do in times of need. Baby just born? I bake. Death in the family? I bake. It's Monday? I bake.
The bad news about this is that I don't eat any of the things I make. Since I gave up sugar last year, it takes a bit of the fun out of it all. No sampling to make sure the end result is good, no licking the spoon, etc. I rely on Scott for a lot of that now. I've always sent the end results to work with Scott to share with his coworkers, and they haven't complained yet.
So there you have it! You want something sweet? Give me a call!
No comments:
Post a Comment