Friday, August 10, 2012

A Book With a Glass Cover


Sadly, a sign of the times is to keep up with people via Facebook. I was just thinking the other day about relationships and, sadly, how fickle they can be. I've learned people that I think I am pretty close to can surprise you.

I was reading Facebook the other day and saw some news not revealed to me personally by a friend. I got to thinking about it and was so bothered by it that I made a note of it right then and there in the car:

"Why not be more of a closed book? It seems the little people tell me about themselves and their lives, the more I should keep the little details of my life to myself as well."

Hence, the title of this blog. I am a pretty transparent person. You get me talking and I will yak your head off. I'm learning that I need to get rid of the glass cover on my book and bind it with something thicker and stronger. I need to become more of a person that people can't see through. Maybe I should stop sharing the little things in my life with certain people, since it's not being reciprocated.

It truly stinks to be forgotten. I read a saying once that said do not make someone a priority in your life when you are merely an option in theirs. As hard as that may be, I am going to have to start putting that into practice. The only person I can control in this world is myself.

No comments: