Saturday, June 9, 2012

Off We Go!

Anyone who knows my husband and I knows that we vacation in Disney World. We usually go in late October and November. Around this time of the year I start mentally packing and deciding what all I want to bring along. Since makeup is one of my passions, I decided to do a blog about what I take on vacation to make my life simple. Since most of our days are spent out in the sun by or in the pool, I mostly just wear tinted moisturizer, a lipgloss with SPF, and curl my lashes. When we go out during the day, here's what I wear:

Face: MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural with a 182 (kabuki brush.) It gives me just enough coverage and takes the shine from my face without making me look too matte. Not to mention it takes 10 seconds to apply Powder Blush in Dollymix applied with a 187 brush.

Eyes: Since I have oily lids, a primer is a MUST. On top of that, I apply Paint Pot in Bare Study from lid to brow with my finger. During the daytime, that's all the color I use. When I go out at night or want something a little more defined, I apply Folie or Espresso in the crease and outer-V.

I then add a touch of Coffee eyeliner and smudge it out with a 212 brush. I add a touch of Stud to my brows to fill in any sparse areas and apply a light coat of whatever mascara I am wearing at the time.

Lips: This really depends on what my favorites are at the time. My go-to lipstick is Viva Glam VI lipstick so that will probably be in my bag. Also, Spice lipglass is a must for a quick pop of natural color.

I know this looks like a process, but from start to finish it only takes about 5 minutes to do. Easy peasy. I know a lot of people don't bother when they are on vacation, but honestly, I look better and feel better about myself with makeup on and let's get real, I have to look at vacation pictures and I don't want to look like a hag.

No comments: