Just a warning: this blog post is a total self-serving rant. I recently heard something that made my head nearly explode and I just want to vent about it.
A few months ago I was reading about someone having weight loss surgery. While I'm not against bariatric procedures at all, I was appalled at the reasoning for this one. Apparently this person has very bad knees and his doctor wouldn't operate on him because he was obese. The excuse was since he had bad knees, he couldn't get the weight off and have the corrective surgery, so he had a Lap Band procedure to lose weight. Oh. My. Word. I had officially heard everything.
Why was this so offensive to me? Because if you read this blog, you'll know I've recently lost a lot of weight. How did I do it? Very simple. I ate right and worked out. That's it. No pills, no shakes, no gimmicks, and no surgery. None. And I did it all from a wheelchair. Yes, a person who cannot stand AT ALL lost all this weight on her own. Bad knees, you say? You've got to be kidding me. That was one of the biggest excuse for being lazy I'd ever heard in my entire life.
Follow me around in the gym. Everything I do is from a seated position. There are no knees involved. This excuse was so offensive to my sensibilities I was almost embarrassed for them. Is doing it my way hard? Of course. Does it cost money? Yes, it does. Is it painful? Uh, yeah. No pain, no gain. Is it worth it? You better believe it. People, if I can get this weight off and get into shape, anyone can. Plain and simple. Ok, rant over.

1 comment:
Very inspiring..
Post a Comment