Saturday, January 26, 2013
Morbid, much?
I'm an oddball, I admit it. I have a fascination for the strange and unusual. That being said, I realize I am pretty morbid in the fact that blood and guts don't bother me. I especially enjoy shows like, "Trauma: Life in the E.R.," which make Scott absolutely sick and he refuses to watch them with me. Dr. Oz also had a show of that nature which I loved, but again, it made Scott queasy and he wouldn't watch it with me. Oh well, I never denied I married my opposite.
Anyway, I love watching surgery shows and documentaries. I find them intriguing. If I knew then what I know now, I would have loved to have videos of the surgeries done on my back and jaw. Ha, when Scott had his vasectomy done, I asked if I could watch. They laughed at me, obviously said no, and then gave me the hairy eyeball. I'm sorry! I find this kind of thing fascinating!
There are a few things about the human body that make me gag: poop, puke, and anything to do with teeth. As a matter of fact, one of the many reasons I didn't want kids is because of pulling loose teeth. Oh my word, just typing that out gives me the heebie jeebies. I couldn't even pull my own teeth when I was kid, it grossed me out so bad. But I warned you in the beginning, I am an oddball.
Don't misunderstand. It's not human suffering I enjoy. I don't drive by car wrecks hoping to see something exciting. It's just the mechanics of how the body works and how we have the ability to repair what is broken. As I was proofreading this blog, I realized I might come across like it's pain and tragedy I am attracted to. It isn't. Heavens, have you met me? Oh wait, that's a whole other blog.
So there you go. Another interesting (albeit strange) tidbit about me. I'm morbid to a fault. Any other fellow surgery hounds out there care to chime in?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment