Saturday, July 6, 2013

My Holy Grail Products

Again, sorry for such a girly post. I apologize, but life has been bananas this week and I haven't had  time to write. This is one of these I like to have to look back on just to see what I couldn't live without at the time. So here we go! Again, I will hyperlink the products.

      I have weird skin, it's no secret. This is THE foundation for me. It really lets my natural skin shine through, but gives me good coverage. Not to mention, a little goes a loooooooooooong way so the foundation lasts forever.

      This is my other go-to foundation. It's pretty sheer and what I wear most of the time in the summer, especially when I just need to even out my skin tone a bit. On an average day, I mix these two foundations to get the look I want. 

      This is what I use to apply the above foundations. You use it damp. The price of these is ridiculous, but I've had mine for years and it still looks brand new. It's worth every penny.

      This is THE perfect eye primer, in my opinion. I've never had a huge problem with my eye shadow moving, fading, or disappearing throughout the day. But the UDPP gives me a good, blank canvas for me to start with. Even when my makeup is minimal or I am wearing no makeup at all, I still use it. My eyelids are oily, therefore, very shiny, and this takes it away. I use the original formula which is colorless.
      
     I use this powder every single day in my t-zone. It is lightweight and doesn't sit on the skin like most powders do. Also, I swear the stuff never runs out. I'm still working on the compact I bought a few years ago. Money well spent! However, I once misplaced it and went and bought another one. I won't have to buy another one of these for a few more years, ha!

     This is not a blush I would have bought on my own. One of my favorite Youtube beauty bloggers, Sharon Farrell, swears by this blush so I thought I would give it a try. She was right. It's perfect and goes with every makeup combination. It's a lovely, build-able peachy pink color.

     Every single time I wear makeup, I give my face a spritz of this. It sets my makeup and takes away any excess powdery-ness. LOVE this stuff. It also comes in a travel size. Again, a little goes a long way and a bottle will last me a few months.

     I have THE world's worst dark circles under my eyes. This is the only product that will cover them up without making me look like a great grandmother. And, like the name, it's long wearing so it doesn't fade during the day.

     I have extremely dry lips. I can't wear lipstick without applying this first. I put it on when I start getting ready so it can sink in. It keeps my lipstick looking nice and keeps it from bleeding outside my lipline.

     This is my go-to lipstick color. It's the color I reach for when I just can't decide what to wear. It goes with everything and complements my skin tone and hair color nicely.

     Awesome bronzer, 'nuff said.

     I am a firm believer that you can make crappy makeup look good if you have good brushes, rather than the opposite. That said, if you want to invest in just one brush, this is the one you need. It both applies and blends. I actually have 2 of these.

No comments: