Wow, eh? The first thing I thought about was I would love to hear what the people who doubt me would have to say about me now. I've been told by a few people that I was trying to do the impossible, that if I attempted to do things like this, I would certainly hurt myself. I'm sorry, but sometimes it just feels really good to prove someone wrong.
I will admit to finding the entire 7+ miles of the greenway challenging at first. Each time I went, it got a little easier. It quickly got to be something I really enjoyed doing. Come on folks, anyone doing 7 miles 2-3 times a week is going to feel good about it, right? And sorry, I know this is vain, but I've gotten some awesome muscle definition in my back and shoulders from doing this. Go me!
On the last part of the greenway, there is something that always makes me smile. It's a part of the run that I'm starting to get really tired and need a little boost. Every time I see it, it makes me giggle. Not that I condone defacing public property, but thank you to whoever did this:
Again, don't tell me what I can't do!
*Ok, I'm obviously not running when I go to the greenway. However, I'm not doing a lazy little stroll in a wheelchair. I'm keeping a good, fast pace I find equivalent to a jog. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment