Thursday, April 18, 2013
♫ Gimme a break, gimme a break...♫
Everybody together now!
In all seriousness, we all have those seasons in our lives where everything just seems to be going wrong. This is one for me, and I am knee-deep in it. You know what I'm talking about. One more thing happens, one more thing breaks, one more wrong word is said, one more disaster, and you feel like you will snap. It happens to all of us, whether or not we want to admit it. I confess, the rainy weather and the high pollen count is not helping my cause much. In between aching joints, sneezes, and the fact I have a headache 24/7, it's enough to bring anybody down.
The biggest thing I am struggling with right now is being unfulfilled musically. My frustration is coming from others getting opportunities handed to them so easily without having to work for them. I recognize that it's pure jealousy, I do, and I realize that life isn't fair, but yeesh. I know I don't sport the "look" of the conventional singer, but that's obviously beyond my control. There is a voice inside of me that I feel is hidden right now. Overshadowed, as it were, underneath the guise of pure favoritism and show. The sad thing is that there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. I am all about solving a problem when there is a problem to solve, but in this situation, my hands are completely tied. All I can do is wait and hope for opportunities to arrive.
I don't know. I'm just really frustrated right now. Thankfully, the sun is currently shining for the time being. I know it's nutty, but it sure helps. I've just had a bad couple of weeks lately and like the title of this blog, I seriously need a break. I need a break, a vacation, a compliment, SOMETHING. I need someone/something/somewhere to just throw me a small bone, to give me a little bit of hope.
I know this season will pass, they always do. As far as all the drama and nonsense life is throwing at me, like Sweet Brown says:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment