Friday, February 22, 2013
Ugh, What a Week
I don't really think I complain about being disabled that much. There really isn't a whole lot to complain about. But oy vey, I've had a week.
As most people know, I go down to Warehouse Row or Miller Plaza to play chess during lunch once or twice during the week. Most of the time I park right outside Warehouse Row. Yesterday I returned to my car and this is what I saw.
My car is on the left. See the problem?
As I approached the car I said out loud, no joke, "You have GOT to be kidding me!"
Not only am I blocked in by the truck, the SUV parked beside me is in the hash marks and blocking the ramp. The curb was too high for me to just pop it myself. Also, you can't really tell from the picture, but it's parked so close to me that I won't be able to get my door open all the way. I refrain from screaming, and give Scott a call and comes and gives me a hand, the driver of the truck sees us and moves, and I head back for Cleveland with extremely high blood pressure.
I just can't believe the idiocy and selfishness of people. This stupid person knew better than to do that, and on top of everything else, they had no handicapped tag or placard. I had this exact same thing happen to me a few weeks ago, only the woman was parked even closer than this, but with a handicapped placard. While waiting on Scott to come help, the woman who owned the car came back. She saw me and said, "Oh dear, am I blocking you in?" "Yes, ma'am," I said. "I can't even use the ramp." She then said one of the things that makes my head want to explode. "I was only going to be 10 minutes." I gave her my best, "Lindsay is not amused," look. She chuckled and said, "It sure is a cold day for someone to be inconsiderate, isn't it?" "Uh yeah, it is," "I told her. It was absolutely freezing.
People, USE YOUR HEADS! I apologize for being "that person," but my word, this is ridiculous. I am writing a letter to the Warehouse Row management with these pictures so they can be made aware these problems, to say nothing of the truck blocking me in, which happens all the time. But if you know me at all, you will know that I value my independence. This kind of nonsense takes it away from me. If I weren't such a nice person (no comments from the peanut gallery) I would have keyed that SUV up there and felt a bit vindicated. But I digress. I vented, I feel better.
I'm not going to lie, I prefer parking there because it's free. There is a garage behind Warehouse Row and can be seen in the picture. I park there when these handicapped spots are taken. I have never had these hash mark issues in the garage but I have to pay up to $8 to park. Wouldn't you prefer to park on the street as well?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment