Friday, December 28, 2012

Sometimes Life Throws You a Little More

Ok, so I write the other blog post this morning and head out to begin my day. I am already down and out and life just had to lob me one more.

I arrive at Target and get a shopping cart. As I am walking past the dollar section where you first walk in, I pass by another cart being attended by 3 teenagers around the age of 13 or so. As I walk by, one of them ribs the other and points at me and laughs.

Ok, seriously?! Did that just happen? Did we not cover pointing and laughing in kindergarten? I had two different reactions to this little encounter:

1. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry in humiliation. Not only am I in the way (see blog post below), I am now an object of someone's humor. This kind of thing hasn't happened to me since I was in junior high.

2. I wanted to stop and ask, "I'm sorry, is there a problem? Do I have toilet paper stuck on my tire or something? Grow up or go back to kindergarten and learn some manners. Shame on all of you."

I did neither. I felt myself turn red and just continued with my shopping. This was a textbook bad day. One I haven't had in a very long time. I did what I had to do and left. Luckily, I didn't run into the teens anymore in the store. I left and then went to Starbucks and got coffee.

It's no secret that I struggle with self-confidence issues. I've never hid that fact. Just when I get my feet on the ground and my head above water, days like this happen. I sat in the Starbucks parking lot fighting back tears and just prayed for God to give me the strength to overcome this. I then left and went for a long drive before coming home. I'm feeling better but, geez, could this day get any worse?

No comments: